Saturday, November 8, 2008

Book Fair-Wow




Our book fair was great this year-wonderful books, wonderful parents, and lots of fun. Thanks Mrs. Freeburg for this great event. I have to send a huge thank you to those parents who purchased books for our classroom. I know the kids are going to love reading these-I brought them home this weekend so that I could choose which one to read first-a very difficult decision. Here's what we received:
Everything but the Kitchen Sink by Frieda Wishinsky from Drew and BJ
Seekers by Erin Hunter from Seth and Angela
The Dark Pond by Joseph Bruchac from McKenzie and Deborah
The Treasures of Weatherby by Zilpha Keatley Snyder and Fairy Haven and the Quest for the Wand by Gail Carson Levine from Chad and Jennifer. In todays world reading skills are more important than ever. The only way for students to improve their reading skills is by practicing and the best way to get them to practice is by providing them with fun and interesting reading material. So again, thanks to everyone who participated in the book fair.

1 comment:

Kingfamily said...

Hey Destiny, you are a very good reporter.You should stick to writing.



your bff,
KK