Saturday, August 8, 2009

First Day Fun


I really enjoyed the first day of school this year. The students were alert, attentive, witty, and engaging. Playing the "two truths and a lie" game helped me get to know the students. Many in this group already enjoy reading and writing, so I think writing workshop is going to be really interesting this year. Most students turned in their paper work-THANKS parents!! In math students played a game with Mr. Exner, and he realized there are many students that need to brush up on their times tables. Knowing your times tables is vital to success in 5th grade. Please take time to review these. There are many online games that help with math facts, but I have found the easiest way to learn these is to practice when traveling in the car. Just pick out 4-5 facts to review during each trip to town. Open House is Thursday Night! I am excited about a great year!
Mrs. Evans

Reporter Caleb says:
Today was the first day of school and everyone was having a ball. We played 2 games. The first was 2 truths and a lie and the second was a multiplication game. 5th grade is the best and so are the teachers.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad you had a great first day. My little man was very excited about his day and even shared a little of his day with us. You know how that is sometimes, like pulling teeth to find out what they did. haha
Loved the pics of the kiddos.