Monday, October 19, 2009

Tomorrow Is National Day on Writing!

We have been trying to finish up our Where I'm From poetry/photostory presentations for tomorrow's celebration! Not all are finished but here is Kayla's so you can see what we are working on.

And here is Megan's poem (Kayla's mom)


I am from bicycles,
From Oreos and milk.
I am from rural farmland of Indiana.
(flat, vast. Endless places of discovery)
I am from tiger lilies
Vibrant organge growing wildly out of the ditch

I am from card games and family dinners.
From Errol and Carrie and Gladys.
I am from penny questions and mumbly peg.
From No Work No Eat and
I don’t get mad, I just get even.
I am from Christianity
At home with he and I or at church with
All my brothers and sisters.

I am from LaGrange and Big Hill Road,
Garden vegetables and desserts.

From the bird hunter of my father,
The seamstress of my mother.

I am from the Shoeboxes full of pictures,
Artwork and awards sitting on the empty
Scrapbooks Which will one day be filled
while reliving the memories.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job Megan.

Ms. Grigway said...

Thank you for sharing these! They are all amazing pieces of work :)